- Oxford Art Society Members Exhibition 2019
- Call for entries for OAS Members Exhibition: 30-03-2019
- AGM – 4 February 2019
- Interview with portrait painter Jenny Fay
- The Pastel Society Annual Exhibition 2019
- A warm welcome to our New Members 2019!
- Mark Fennell’s portrait is shortlisted.
- Rachel Ducker’s sculpture installation at Stansted.
- Scrapbook of Walter Tyrwhitt, OAS founder and watercolourist
- Extended! Oxford Art Society Exhibition 29 September – 4 November 2018
- Art at the theatre – OAS exhibits at Oxford Playhouse
- OAS Open Exhibition 2018
- The winner of the Young Artist Competition is…
- 2nd and 3rd prizes in The Young Artist Competition
- Third Annual Young Artist Competition
- Harriet Eagle: Artwork Acceptance at Mall Galleries
- Congratulations Lucy on your Mall Gallery acceptance.
- Benjamin Hope NEAC
- Congratulations Kate Hipkiss
- Oxford Art Society Members Exhibition 2018
- Oxford Art Society Open Exhibition 2017
- Lucy Stopford, OAS Chair – work selected for BP Portrait Awards
- OAS says farewell to outgoing Chairman Peter Farley
- OAS Members exhibition 2017
- OAS Welcomes new members
- Oxford Art Society Open Exhibition 2016
- Jericho Artweeks Lecture 2016
- Oxford Art Society Members Exhibition 2016 – Woodstock
- Johannes von Stumm, OAS President, in Japan and China
- Oxford Art Society Open Exhibition 2015
- Oxford Art Society Members Exhibition 2015
- Oxford Art Society Open Exhibition 2014
- Radley Members’ Exhibition: photos and review
- OAS: ‘A Century of Art in Oxford’
- Society now on Twitter – sign up and get involved
Oxford Art Society Exhibitions
Oxford Art Society Members Exhibition: Submission day is Saturday 30th March from 10-12, and selection from 2-4.30. We are accepting 3 works for selection from members, and 4 for the browser. We will email (and post) call-for-entry forms and notes in … Continue reading
OAS Submission Form2019 OAS Submission Notes 2019
Oxford Art Society AGM – 4 February 2019. The AGM will be held on Monday 4th February at the Ashmolean in the Headley Theatre. 4.30pm – 5.30pm: AGM meeting 5.30pm – 5.45pm: Drinks 5.45pm: Oxford Art Society Associates lecture by Sir … Continue reading
Click on the link to read more about Jenny Fay the talented portrait artist.
The Pastel Society’s 120th Exhibition at the Mall Galleries will open on 4th February – 16th February. Oxford Art Society is proud to announce that four OAS members have artworks in the exhibition. Benjamin Hope had 4 pieces selected! Ben Hope … Continue reading
Lucy Stopford, Oxford Art Society Chairman, (front row, 4th from the left) poses with our new members. On Monday 14th January, 11 new OAS members were invited to meet members of the committee and enjoy afternoon tea in the bar … Continue reading
Mark Fennell’s portrait: Tony AKA Boulders, oil on canvas 80 cm x 60 cm has been shortlisted for Artists and illustrators magazine 2019 artist of the year and will be exhibited at the Mall galleries from 25th – 2nd March. This … Continue reading
Rachel Ducker has her sculpture installed in the private jet terminal at London Stansted. Some of the sculpture is lifesize and it looks incredible. We are very proud of you Rachel – congratulations!
A couple of years ago the Oxford Art Society took into it’s possession a scrapbook which was originally owned and compiled by Walter Tyrwhitt, one of the founders of the society. The book was found by honorary OAS member Rona while … Continue reading
Laura Eagle. She was presented with a £500 cheque by the judge – Philip Mould OBE
Congratulations to Stephen Nulty on winning second prize, and Merun Bateman-Paris on winning the third prize, with her charcoal portrait.
Congratulations Harriet, on the acceptance of your seascape at the Royal Society of Marine Artists Annual Exhibition from 11- 20 October. Scroll down for your invitation to the Private View.
Lucy Stopford, Chair, will be showing one of her charcoal portraits with the forthcoming Society of Women Artists Annual Exhibition at the Mall Galleries opening on 26th August.
Benjamin Hope has had the honour of being elected to membership of the NEAC – New English Art Club. This is a very prestigious group and we are proud of his achievement. Below is one of the paintings from his election portfolio … Continue reading
We are very proud of one of our new members, Kate Hipkiss, who has had an artwork selected for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. It is a papercut titled Inflow and you can see it on her Instagram post. Well … Continue reading
A packed gallery of artists and art enthusiasts enjoyed a fabulous evening at the Members Exhibition Private View on Friday. Martin Kemp, Emeritus Professor of the History of Art, Trinity College, Oxford, opened the show with an informative talk on … Continue reading
Art lovers, young and old, converged on The Cloister Gallery at St John the Evangelist Church last Friday, to enjoy the official opening of the Oxford Art Society Open exhibition 2017. Our gratitude goes to Paul Hobson, Director of Modern … Continue reading
Our Chairwoman and portrait artist, Lucy Stopford, has had one of her stunning oil portraits selected for this years BP Portrait Awards. The portrait is of Lucy’s friend, Dr Tim Moreton, who worked as a Registrar at the National Portrait … Continue reading
At the recent 124th Oxford Art Society AGM Peter Farley stepped down as our Chairman. His excellent care, inclusive style, friendly manner and careful direction will be much missed by members of the Oxford Art Society and wider arts community. … Continue reading