Oxford Art Society (“We”, “OAS”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It also explains some of your rights in relation to your personal data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This personal data must be handled properly under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). This legislation regulates the way that we handle personal data that we collect in the course of carrying out our work and gives certain rights to people whose personal data we may hold.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in exhibition entry forms, forms on our website (www.oxfordartsociety.co.uk, “our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use or enquire about our services, supply products or services, enter our open exhibition, become a member, apply for a job or help as a volunteer, purchase a painting and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner foryou and for your computer.
Where you have specifically consented, we may in addition use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you that relate to the services we provide and in accordance with the objectives of the OAS;
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will never sell or share your information to a third party for marketing purposes. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you subject to the constraints of this policy.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be stored in compliance with the GDPR. As such it may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), but only where such transfer and storage is subject to data protection controls compatible with the GDPR.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data only so far as is necessary and in line with the following:
- To administer our site and for internal operations.
- Personal data required for the fulfilment of services or products supplied or received will be retained in line with applicable legislation, currently three years after the end of the year in which the contract was completed.
- Details of members names, details of entries into shows and period of membership are held in perpetuity. All other personal data held regarding members of OAS will be retained for three years after the end of the year in which the membership terminated.
The GDPR enshrines new rights for you regarding your personal data. In particular:
- You have a right request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- If any data we hold on you is incorrect please notify us and we will update our records.
- If we hold personal data for marketing purposes only, where you have previously given your consent, you can always opt out at any time and ask for your personal data to be deleted.
- We will not pass any personal data on to third parties other than those who either process information on our behalf or because of a legal requirement and only after, where possible, ensuring the data is processed in accordance with the GDPR.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.